We Brits might be famed for our home brewed beer and Pimm’s, but it turns out that we really do adore Prosecco as well.
Let’s face it, who doesn’t love a glass of bubbly? Well, it turns out rather a lot of us like a glass of Prosecco, so much so, that according to the figures, Brits consumed more than 36% of all Prosecco wine that was produced last year. You got it right, that’s roughly 112.7 million bottles.
So, here are some facts and figures why we at Drinks Shop believe to be the reason that Brits love the sparkling Italian wine…
- It is so much easier to come across an affordable bottle of Prosecco than a bottle of champagne- anyway, who can really tell the difference?
- Prosecco is perfect for absolutely any occasion, be it a birthday celebration, or just a midweek tipple after a long day at work…
- It goes with absolutely anything! From fish, to barbecues, to a roast dinner. To be fair, Prosecco is pretty perfect for any meal.
- The Prosecco industry is estimated to be worth £1.9 billion, we totally knew we should have started our own Prosecco vineyard.
- Prosecco makes for the perfect housewarming/birthday/anniversary present. Just turn up with it chilled and you are bound to get a glass of it too!
- Last year approximately 3.55 million helicopters of Prosecco was produced, we really can’t work out how many bottles this equates to… but it is definitely a lot.
- Only Prosecco bottles that are marked with the DOC seal can be considered as real Prosecco, so be careful when you quickly pop to the corner shop for one on your way home.
- It is perfect mixed with other beverages and for sparkling up some cocktails.
So if you are as much of a lover of Prosecco as we are, purchase some today. Be sure to take a look at our other stock as well.